Sunday 18 March 2012

The important things in life!


I have been thinking lately about life, what I am doing and pondering what my future will hold.

I am extremely lucky to have two beautiful boys, a supportive family, a high paying job, great friends and the ability to express myself via my art, but... I am wondering about what parts of my life will be important in a year or 20 years from now.

I found this picture of my Mum and I and it made me question what life is about.

The picture was taken in the caravan park where we lived in a van with my brother and sister. We didn’t have much money and Mum and Dad worked really hard. On the flip side of that my boys have everything they could every dream of, we live with my Mum and Dad so they get way more attention than most kids and because I earn good money they don’t want for anything.

The question I have been asking myself is what will be important to me/ them later in life?

What will remain of me when I die?

How will people remember me?

What part of me do my children respect/ admire?

My youngest son made it clear to me yesterday when he said to me “as long as your happy Mum, that’s all I care about.”

In a year or 20 years I want to be remembered for my undying love for my boys and my passion for my art and realistically the only things that will linger after I am gone will be the values I have instilled in my children and some beautiful glass beads.

If I am lucky my kids will look at a picture like this one and remember to be passionate about life and love every day!

Cheers,
Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment