Thursday 8 March 2012

Bright colours surround us!

 I get so excited about colour and I have found myself making more and more pieces that are bright, bold and exciting.

I am so glad to see that in everything including fasion, homewares and jewellery we are embracing vivid colour.

One of my favourite design companies is Dinosaur Designs and these two pieces remind me of something that would come out of their prodiuction line. Fun, bright and sculptural.

I thnk it is really important to combine unusual shapes with bright colours and you end up with a finished piece that anyone would want to own.

One of the other things I have discovered is that when I am at the torch working on something like this I am happy, like my mind soaks up the colour and it makes me smile.

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoy making them.

Till next time,
Skye


All of life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make,
the better.

Ralf Waldo Emerson


No comments:

Post a Comment