Saturday 5 January 2013

Behind the scenes


Welcome to 2013! 

What an amazing year Arthouse has ahead of it.

I thought I would share some of the behind the scenes work that is happening to communicate the direction of the business and some of the fun things that will take place over the next 12 months.

For those of you who know me and the business you will remember that Arthouse was once a hobby that grew into the main income source for my family and as a business it has organically grown over the past 3 years surprising me every day with its resilience in a hard economic climate, the lessons it teaches me and the amazing people it connects me with.

2013 will see the business change from a small business into a big business over the next 12 months as I foster wholesale accounts to grow the business and move into streamlined designs.

One of the really exciting events for Arthouse this year is the Sydney Life In Style trade show in February that will see the business exposed to thousands of potential Stockists.
To start this process we had to do some photo shoots and I have included some of the behind the scenes shots from this really fun experience.
Necia is a dear friend of mine and offered to help me out with the shoot, so armed with some really amazing jewellery, a talented photographer (also a dear friend) and heaps of enthusiasm we created a fantastic Hero Shot for the trade fair.

It was my first experience directing a fashion shoot and I love the result but am glad I had two other talented women to help me through the process!
 
The business will move from an Art based business into the Fashion arena over the next 12 months and as such will mean we will start to produce runs of work rather than all one off designs. This still means I will make every bead and each piece will be unique but will allow me to grow the business in size and create consistency for Stockists in designs.

With the focus on the product this year it will also mean there will be some changes to the website which you will start to see soon.

It is really important that I don’t lose sight of what Arthouse is while it grows and that is a vehicle for me to share my passion for Handmade Australian Art that is affordable and will last for generations and as such I will continue to market the business through community Art markets like The Olive Tree Markets in Newcastle and the Artists Markets in Port Macquarie. This will always be important to me as it connects me with the people who love the work and allows me to stay grounded within the business.

I am hoping that I continue to learn from amazing people this year and develop my skills to propel the business and hopefully enrich others by passing on the love.

Thanks for your support during 2012 and I look forward to the journey going forward.

 

Cheers, Skye

1 comment:

  1. You go girlfriend. Best of bestest for Arthouse Fashionesta 2013. Great move.
    Nicole xxxx

    ReplyDelete